- Birth Date
- 12 May 1835
- Death Date
- 27 August 1921
Amy Experience Hancock
With her parents she crossed the plains by ox team in 1851. Her name does not appear on the 1850 Utah census. She was rebaptized at Salt Lake City on 1 February 1852 and married the widower George W. Hancock the same year. In the Salt Lake Stake Record of Baptisms and Rebaptisms, and also in the Endowment House records she is listed as "Emma Hancock." Further research is needed to determine the name of the pioneer company with which she came to Utah.
- Age at Departure: 15
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Former Nauvoo Resident Dies at Home in Payson," Deseret News , 27 Aug. 1921, 3.
- Hancock, Amy, [Autobiographical sketch], in Andrew Jenson, comp., Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 2:351-52.
- Rebaptism record, 1850-1863, 107.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.