- Birth Date
- 3 December 1838
- Death Date
- 29 November 1912
Justin Chauncey Wixom
Justin initially emigrated in the David Evans Company. Later, he also participated in the Daniel Thompson Company in 1866 as a returning missionary, traveling in his brother Solomon's wagon. (Solomon was a teamster.) Justin served as that company's Chaplain. Wixom left the Thompson company at O'Fallon's Bluff in central Nebraska, as he was hired on to drive an ox team to Salt Lake for Joseph Slagle. It is uncertain which company he finished the trip in.
- Age at Departure: 11
- Age at Departure: 27
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "Another Pioneer Gone," Box Elder News, 5 Dec. 1912, 1.
- Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (1), 1866.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 527.
- Wixom, Justin Chauncey, Diary, 1863-1879 in Wixom Family Papers [ca 1863-1945] fd. 3, vol. 1.
- Wixom, Justin Chauncey, Diary, in Wixom Family, Papers, [ca. 1863-1945], fd. 4, vol. 4.