- Birth Date
- 2 February 1812
- Death Date
- 15 August 1857
George initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Brigham Young Pioneer Company in 1847 and was part of the 5th Company of Ten led by Stephen H. Goddard. At some point he returned to Winter Quarters. He crossed the plains again some time in 1852 with his new wife and child. Further research is needed to identify the name of the company they traveled with.
His death date comes from a personal online family history record without accompanying documentation. Further evidence is needed to confirm its accuracy.
He and his family sailed to America in 1851 on the ship The Sheffield.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.