- Birth Date
- 15 October 1844
- Death Date
- 24 May 1917
Isaac Preston Bright
His father died in Iowa before the company departed so his oldest brother, Joseph, is listed as head of household in all the company records.
His travel to Utah is also confirmed by the obituary of his brother, Gilbert.
More research is needed to confirm Isaac's date of birth. At this time, date listed reflects data from Alpine Ward records at the time of his re-baptism (14 May 1854).
- Age at Departure: 7
- Age at Departure: 19
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- 9th Company of 50 report, 1852, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Alpine Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "Captain William B. Preston, memorandum book, 1864," Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains' accounts 1862-1868.
- Captain William B. Preston Company (first ox train), manifests, 1864.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 768.
- “Freight Manifests, 1864, 1868.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Freight manifests, 1861-1868, p. 12-31. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 4)
- "Lewiston: Funeral Services for Isaac P. Bright," Deseret Evening News, 11 June 1917, 12.
- "Richmond," The Journal, 6 February 1917, p. 4.