- Birth Date
- 20 February 1833
- Death Date
- 12 June 1909
Andrew Purley Shumway
Son of Charles Shumway. He traveled in the 6th Company of Ten, led by his father.
He returned to America from his mission in England by way of the ship The Underwriter.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Age at Departure: 25
- Returning Missionary
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Brigham Young, 26 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Editor, 22 July 1858, in Missionary Reports, fd. 17.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Isaiah M. Coombs collection, 1835-1938, Diaries, Volume 8, 1858 April 13-1858 September 1, 16-66.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1858, 32.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Missionary Record Index
- Shumway, Andrew Purley, Reminiscences, 1869.
- Thomas Bullock journal, 1858 May-June.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.