- Birth Date
- 18 December 1809
- Death Date
- 27 June 1848
He was one of three men who left a month in advance of the company to scout a road over the Sierras. They were murdered by Indians and their bodies found by the company on 19 July. His birthdate is confirmed by the Patriarchal Blessing Index.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Addison Pratt autobiography and journals, 1843-1852.
- Azariah Smith autobiographical sketch, 1903, 6-8.
- Elijah Elmer diary in "To the Tops of the California Mountains: The 1848 Carson Pass Diary of Elijah Elmer," edited by Will Bagley, Crossroads Newsletter 4, no. 3 (summer 1993): 5-7.
- Ephraim Green journal, 1848 June-September and 1849 December.
- F. A. Hammond, "In Early Days. My Introduction to Mormonism," Juvenile Instructor,15 August 1894, 517-518.
- Henele Pikale (Henry W. Bigler), "Recollections of the Past," Juvenile Instructor, 1 December 1886, 365-66.
- Jonathan H. Holmes diary, 1846-1848.
- Melissa Burton Coray Kimball in "Utah Woman's 2,000-Mile March Fifty-five Years Ago," Salt Lake Herald, 26 May 1901, 2.
- Patriarchal Blessing Index, 1833-1971. (Closed to Research)
- Robert Pixton, Autobiography, circa 1870, 30-31, in Robert Pixton papers, circa 1870.
- Samuel H. Rogers reminiscences and diary, 1841-1886, Folder contents: (1) Reminiscences and journal, 1841 June-1855 July, 158-66.
- Zadoc K. Judd autobiography, 1903-1907, 33-36.