- Birth Date
- 6 November 1841
- Death Date
- 20 October 1913
James Howell Jr.
He came from England in 1855 at age 13 on the ship "Chimborazo" with his parents, James and Sarah and four siblings: Mary Ann Peter, Hyrum, and Charlotte and his uncle Henry and wife Francis. In the 1864 Hyde company, he worked as an out-and-back teamster.
- Age at Departure: 20
- Age at Departure: 22
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- 1910 Utah Census.
- “Captain William Hyde Company (fifth ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 15)
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- England and Wales Census, 1851.
- Freight manifests, 1863-1864.
- "James Howell, Sr., Dies At Tooele," Deseret Evening News , 21 Oct. 1913, 8.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 450.
- "Pioneer of Tooele Dies of Pneumonia," Salt Lake Telegram, 21 Oct. 1913, 2.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.