- Birth Date
- 11 August 1826
- Death Date
- 15 January 1894
William Reed Smith
He accompanied Austin Grant during his initial trip to the Valley in 1849. Several years later, he moved from Carson Valley back to the Valley in the 1857 Loveland Company, serving as Captain of the 1st division. In 1867, he crossed the plains again when he was returning from a mission in Europe. Further research is need to identify which company he traveled with.
Centerville Ward and his burial records have his birth year as 1825, the missionary register and find a grave web site have his birth year as 1826.
- Age at Departure: 22
- Age at Departure: 31
- Age at Departure: 40
- "Allen Taylor's 100, first 50, report, 1849 September 3." In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849. (MS 14290, Reel 3, Box 2, Folder 40)
- "Called Home," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 16 January 1894, 8. Death of President W. R. Smith at Centreville Last Evening
- Centerville Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Duncan, Chapman, Reminiscences 1852-1874, 17.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Gone to Rest," Davis County Clipper, 18 January 1894, 1.
- Henry P. Richards diary, 1856 October-1858 March in Henry P. Richards papers, 1854-1900.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Rosenbaum, Morris D., Reminiscence and journal 1880 June-1881 Apr., 6.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.