- Birth Date
- 17 September 1841
- Death Date
- 22 May 1905
Mary Ann Boyden's obituaries indicate the family traveled in the 1860 James D. Ross handcart company. The 1860 Ross company was not a handcart company, nor did any handcarts accompany it. The only handcart company that year was the Daniel Robinson company. However, the both the Ross and Robinson companies have complete rosters and the Boyden family is not listed on either. Further research is needed to identify the company with which the family traveled.
- Age at Departure: 18
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- Biographical Record of Salt Lake City and Vicinity (Chicago: National Historical Record Company, 1902), 497.
- Boyden, John, Biographical sketch.
- "Coalville Loses Prominent Citizen," Ogden Daily Standard Examiner, 23 May 1905, 4.
- "Death Claims Woman, 85, Who Walked to Utah," Salt Lake Tribune , 1 May 1932, 12-B.
- "Death Takes John Boyden," Salt Lake Herald, 23 May 1905, 2.
- "Died," Improvement Era, July 1905, 8:716.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Mrs. Lees to be Buried Tuesday," Deseret News , 2 May 1932, sec. 2, 6.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.