- Birth Date
- 24 January 1847
- Death Date
- 30 April 1932
Mary Ann Boyden
Mary Ann Boyden's obituaries indicate the family traveled in the 1860 James D. Ross handcart company. The 1860 Ross company was not a handcart company, nor did any handcarts accompany it. The only handcart company that year was the Daniel Robinson company. However, the both the Ross and Robinson companies have complete rosters and the Boyden family is not listed on either. Further research is needed to identify the company with which the family traveled.
Her surname is "Lees" on the death certificate and Find A Grave website.
- Age at Departure: 12
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- "Burial Rites Set for Handcart Pioneer," Salt Lake Telegram, 2 May 1932, 2:1.
- "Death Claims Woman, 85, Who Walked to Utah," Salt Lake Tribune , 1 May 1932, 12-B.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Mrs. Lees to be Buried Tuesday," Deseret News , 2 May 1932, sec. 2, 6.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.