- Birth Date
- 4 October 1833
- Death Date
- 3 September 1916
Lois was born at Whitby, Ontario, Canada. Her birth date is recorded as 8 Oct. 1833 in the Salt Lake Stake Record of Members and the Tenth Ward records. By the time she crossed the plains she was an orphan and may have traveled with the Robert Berrett family. In Utah she married Stephen Winegar and was re-baptized on 3 May 1852 under his surname. In the 1850 census of Utah she is with her husband but her given name is spelled "Louisa."
- Age at Departure: 15
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 8G.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Tenth Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.