- Birth Date
- 29 April 1816
- Death Date
- 2 August 1895
Richard Heber Benson attested in an interview that he and his parents, Richard and Phoebe Forrester, immigrated to Utah in 1850. Further research is needed to determine the exact company they traveled with.
In April of 1866, Richard traveled from Parowan, Utah, to Salt Lake for meetings where he was called on a mission to England. He was not able to return and see his family before he had to leave for his mission to Europe. The written correspondence between Richard and Pheobe is transcribed on New FamilySearch. He returned home in 1868 with the Daniel D. McArthur Company.
His birth date is confirmed by the missionary register.
Richard’s death date is confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 52
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Captain D. D. McArthur, memorandum book, 1868.
- Jenson, Harold H., "True Pioneer Stories," Deseret Evening News , 14 June 1934.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "The Dead," Deseret Weekly, 17 August 1895, 288.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.