- Birth Date
- 4 September 1802
- Death Date
Joseph and his family crossed the Atlantic on the ship Tyrian in 1841. Some sources say that Joseph and Margaret crossed the plains in the 1848 Lorenzo Snow Company. Snow was actually a captain of 100 in the 1848 Brigham Young Company.
- Age at Departure: 45
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave
- First 100, report, 1848 June.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 3.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Salt Lake City Property Index.