- Birth Date
- 12 March 1817
- Death Date
- 5 June 1897
George Phillips Adams
George crossed the Atlantic on the ship Underwriter in 1860. His family followed him in 1861 on the ship Manhattan.
Rebaptized in the Lehi Ward on 27 June 1864 under the name "G. P. Adams." His date of birth on that record is listed as 12 August 1815. (A mistranscription of rebaptism records in some places shows his year of birth as 1845.)
In 1866 a George P. Adams paid tithing at Lehi and Cedar Valley, Utah. These two individuals are probably one-in-the same.
- Age at Departure: 47
- Head of Household
- "An Invitation to the Wise," in "History of the Life of George P. Adams" (a handwritten autobiography) found in George's "memories" section of FamilyTree. George says that he wrote "An Invitation . . . After Emigration to this Land in the year 1860."
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- Lehi Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "Obituary Notes," Deseret Weekly, 3 July 1897, 95.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 252.