- Birth Date
- 22 October 1817
- Death Date
- 22 June 1885
Benjamin Franklin Stewart
Benjamin initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Pioneer Company in 1847 and was part of the 7th Company of Ten led by James Case. He remained at the Platte River ferry until his family arrived in the Smoot-Wallace company whereupon he joined them in traveling to Salt Lake Valley.
His name is "Franklin Stewart" on the missionary register.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Amasa M. Lyman collection, 1832-1877, Journal, 1847 April 8-September 10, 1-26 and 1-10.
- Appleton M. Harmon diary, 1847 April-July.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Woodward, "Autobiography of George Woodward, Pioneer of 1847," 2-4. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- "Obituary," Deseret News , 8 July 1885, 400.
- Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878: Major Howard Egan's Diary, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Wilford Woodruff journal, 1847 January-1853 December, 25-77.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.