- Birth Date
- 4 September 1823
- Death Date
- 9 April 1911
Robert, his wife Elizabeth, children Robert and Mary Ellen sailed to America in 1853 on the ship Camillus.
Evidence from emigration and church (Perpetual Emigrating Fund) records proves the Johnson family traveled to Utah in the 1853 John Brown company. The passengers from the ship "Camillus" arrived at Keokuk, Iowa, after the departure of all other companies. Those passengers then joined John Brown's company, the last company to depart from Keokuk for Utah that year. Evidence that they traveled in Brown's company and arrived in Utah was confirmed by their names appearing in "List of Persons" (Deseret News, 2 Feb. 1854. They also had a child who was born/died upon their arrival in Salt Lake.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Sanpete County.
- "Gossip of Emery County," Eastern Utah Advocate , 27 April 1911, 6.
- "Gossip of Emery County. Castle Dale," Eastern Utah Advocate, 27 Apr. 1911, 6.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 137
- "List of Persons Who have received Assistance from the Perpetual Emigrating Fund," Deseret News, 2 February 1854, 3.
- Utah Death Certificates.