- Birth Date
- 22 January 1833
- Death Date
- 9 January 1915
Andreas Marcus Barentsen
Evidence from emigration (Perpetual Emigrating Fund) records proves the Barentsen family traveled to Utah in 1863. He came on the ship B. S. Kimball in 1863 with his wife, Gjertrud, and daughters, Marie Kjerstine Susannah and Else. Some sources list him as Berntsen. His travel to Utah is also mentioned in the obituary of his daughter Susannah.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- Anthon H. Lund, Scandinavian Jubilee Album (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1900).
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 517
- “Obituaries,” Salt Lake Telegram, 16 January 1940, 19.
- Parish Register of Grimstrup, Ribe, Denmark.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.