- Birth Date
- 19 May 1825
- Death Date
- 22 March 1913
James Wesley Stewart
James was part of Brigham Young's Pioneer Company of 1847. He Was in the 8th Company of Ten led by Seth Taft. He stopped to help operate the Platte River ferry and then came on to Salt Lake Valley in the Smoot/Wallace Company.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Age at Departure: 22
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Washington Hill collection in Cache Valley Historical Material, circa 1955, reel 4, item 57, 18-31.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- "Member of First Band of Pioneers Is Called," Deseret Evening News , 29 Mar. 1913, 5.
- "Pioneer of 1847 Died at Cokeville, Wyo.," Davis County Clipper , 28 Mar. 1913, 4.
- Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878: Major Howard Egan's Diary, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.