- Birth Date
- 11 October 1804
- Death Date
- 7 November 1857
James Graham Sr.
James Sr. initially traveled to the Valley in 1849 with his two sons, Robert and James Jr.
His wife and the rest of his children crossed the plains to the Valley the following year with the Woodruff Company. Also in that company were two adult brothers by the name of Graham, who were traveling with their families. It is uncertain if James Sr. went back to collect the rest of his family, or if the two brothers were James Sr.'s brothers Robert and Thomas. Further research is needed to determine if James Sr. was also in the 1850 Woodruff Company.
- Age at Departure: 44
- Head of Household
- Gardner, George Bryant, [Autobiography], in James Albert Jones, comp., Some Early Pioneers of Huntington, Utah and Surrounding Area , 90.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 17.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ,7 August 1849, 3.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 13.
- Peter Olsen Hansen papers, circa 1869-1893, Journal, 1849 April-August.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Woodruff, Wilford, Journal, 1847 Jan.-1853 Dec., box 2, fd. 3, in Journals and papers, 1828-1898.