- Birth Date
- 22 August 1802
- Death Date
- 13 June 1867
Gilbard Summe was in the Brigham Young Vanguard Company of 1847. He was part of the 14th Ten led by Joseph Matthews. His birth date comes from a record of his ordination at Salt Lake City as a High Priest. His death date comes from a newspaper death notice available in the "memories" section of his on-line Family Tree. He was re-baptized in the Salt Lake Valley on 8 August 1847. In 1848 he acquired a city lot in Salt Lake. He received a patriarchal blessing from John Smith on 1 March 1851 and was ordained a High Priest on 3 March 1851; a record of his ordination says he "went to California." In some sources his given name is spelled "Gilburd," and "Guilbered,"
- Age at Departure: 44
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- High Priests of Nauvoo and Early Salt Lake City [Index], compiled by Nauvoo Restoration from Early Salt Lake Records.
- Salt Lake City Property Index.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900