- Birth Date
- 8 May 1826
- Death Date
- 16 August 1889
Agnes and her children Douglas, Janet, Margaret, William, George and Alexander arrived in New York on 10 July 1863 via the ship Antarctic. Her husband (George Alexander Swan) did not arrive in the United States until the following year. His obituary seems to infer that his family waited for him in the east and they all crossed the plains together in 1864. However, PEF records confirm that she and her traveling group arrived in the Valley in 1863. Further research is needed to identify the name of the company they traveled with.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- "Death of Geo. Swan," Salt Lake Tribune, 1 October 1899, 5.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 711.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 797.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.