- Birth Date
- 11 August 1796
- Death Date
- 23 November 1863
Captain of the 8th Company of Ten. He was re-baptized in the Salt Lake Valley on 8 August 1847 by Tarlton Lewis. His birth date and death date are confirmed by Utah, Salt Lake County death records.
- Age at Departure: 50
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Amasa M. Lyman collection, 1832-1877, Journal, 1847 April 8-September 10, 1-26 and 1-10.
- Find a Grave
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Horace Thornton letter to Brother G. Rognon, 29 December 1896, 1-3. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "The Utah Pioneers," Deseret Weekly, 25 August 1894, 294.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.
- Wilford Woodruff journal, 1847 January-1853 December, 25-77.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.