- Birth Date
- 9 December 1804
- Death Date
- 15 January 1892
He traveled with six people, two of them being his wife Louisa Jane Berry and their daughter Cynthia Elizabeth Allen. The daughter's obituary in the Piute County News as well as the McOlney Branch records confirm that the family crossed the plains in 1849.
Daniel was rebaptized at Parowan, Iron County, Utah on 5 June 1864.
- Age at Departure: 44
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Allen, Daniel, Autobiographical sketch, in 24th Quorum, Biographies, 1845-1855, vol. 1, in Seventies Quorum, Records, 1844-1975, reel 75.
- "Death of Daniel Allen," Deseret Weekly, 13 February 1892, 266.
- "Death of a Faithful Veteran," Deseret Evening News, 28 Jan. 1892, 7.
- "Escalante Pioneer Passes Away," Piute County News , 27 Jan. 1933, 1.
- First Council of the Seventy Records, 1835-1885.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 1.
- McOlney Branch record, 1848-1851.
- Missionary Database
- Parowan Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Reuben Miller journals, 1848-1849, Journal, 1849 June-September.
- Reuben Miller letter to Brigham Young, 9 September 1849.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory