- Birth Date
- 18 April 1814
- Death Date
- 23 February 1894
John Wesley Binley
John was a member of the Mormon Battalion and marched all the way to California. In 1847 he returned eastward with General Kearney and met Brigham Young's vanguard company along the way. Brigham Young assigned John to continue eastward to hurry other pioneer companies along. John finally entered the Salt Lake Valley with the Jedediah M. Grant-Joseph B. Noble Company.
In 1858 John returned to Utah from California.
- Age at Departure: 43
- Age at Departure: 33
- 1880 Idaho Census.
- Bell, Eli, Diaries, 1854-, vol. 4.
- Eliza R. Snow journals, 1846-1951.
- Franklin W. Young autobiography, circa 1915-1917.
- History of Tooele County
- Jenson, Andrew, Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 4:733.
- John Wesley Binley, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- Johnson, Sixtus Ellis, Journal, vol. 3, in Diaries 1854-1857.
- Nauvoo Community Project