- Birth Date
- 17 September 1827
- Death Date
- 6 April 1908
Elias Hicks Blackburn
Although he is listed on a non-contemporary typescript list as being in the 1850 Andrus company (Journal History, Supp. after 31 Dec. 1850, 1), that is incorrect; Elias initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Samuel Gully/Orson Spencer Company in 1849. He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
Birth date confirmed by Utah Stake City Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 17 August 1855.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Age at Departure: 29
- Blackburn, Elias Hicks, Autobiographical sketch, in Biographical sketches 1891- , reel 10, box 10, fd. 7, item 6.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Loa: Close of Brilliant Career," Deseret Evening News, 16 Apr. 1908, 8.
- Miller, Reuben, Journals, 1848-1849, fd. 1, vol. 2. (MS 1392)
- Miller, Reuben, to Brigham Young, 9 Sept. 1849, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 31, box 21, fd. 17.
- Utah Stake City Branch, Record of Members.