- Birth Date
- 7 November 1813
- Death Date
- 6 April 1893
William Farrington Cahoon
First Councilor in the company. His death date is confirmed by the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database and his obituary.His travel to Utah is also mentioned in his daughter's obituary.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- Bitton, Ronald Davis, Guide to Mormon Diaries and Autobiographies, p. 53
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- "Deaths," The Deseret News [Weekly], 15 Apr. 1893, 544.
- "Died," Deseret News , 22 Feb. 1871, 1.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 75.
- Reuben Miller journals, 1848-1849, Journal, 1849 June-September.
- Reuben Miller letter to Brigham Young, 9 September 1849.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- William Farrington Cahoon in Reynolds Cahoon and His Stalwart Sons (1960) complied and edited by Stella Cahoon Shurtleff and Brent Farrington Cahoon, 90.