- Birth Date
- 13 March 1820
- Death Date
- 24 January 1904
Birth date is confirmed by the missionary register and his death certificate.
Henson traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Brigham Young Pioneer Company in 1847 and was part of the 11th Company of Ten led by John S. Higbee.
At the end of a mission, he returned home as Captain of the Henson Walker Company in 1865.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Age at Departure: 45
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- "Came Here with Pioneers," Deseret Evening News , 26 Jan. 1904, 1.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- “Garden City Notes,” Deseret News, 19 Jan. 1904, 9.
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company journal, 1847 June-September.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- John S. Higbee reminiscences and diaries, 1845-1866. Transcriptions from volumes 1 and 2.
- “Life and Journeys of John Somers Higbee,” Iron County Record, 16 February 1929.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Sims, Elizabeth Eldortha McDermott, Autobiography, 1912, 11-12.
- Thomas Alston and Mary Ellen Holt Alston compiled by Ray L. Alston (1975), 16-19.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.