- Birth Date
- 2 August 1802
- Death Date
- 20 May 1877
John Coulam Sr.
John, his wife Sarah, children John, Charles, Fanny, Henry, Sarah Jane and George sailed to America in 1849 on the ship Zetland. His wife Sarah died in Missouri before they started on the trail.
His surname spelled "Corolan" on ship manifest and "Calans" on the company roster.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Heart Throbs of the West, vol. 2, p. 209
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 1.
- Reuben Miller journals, 1848-1849, Journal, 1849 June-September.
- Reuben Miller letter to Brigham Young, 9 September 1849.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.