- Birth Date
- 11 September 1811
- Death Date
- 2 March 1897
John, his second wife Elizabeth and family sailed to America in 1863 on the ship Cynosure. Their daughter Jane died at Florence, Nebraska.
Evidence from emigration and church (Perpetual Emigrating Fund) records proves the Barton family traveled to Utah in 1863.
Birth and death dates are confirmed by his burial and Find A Grave website.
- Age at Departure: 51
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Davis County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- "Kaysville Kinks," Davis County Clipper, 3 May 1897, 1
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "Town Talk," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 20 February 1897, 8.
- Utah, Cemetery Abstracts
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.