- Birth Date
- 14 March 1808
- Death Date
- 26 March 1896
Jacob initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the 1847 Brigham Young Company and was part of the 4th Company of Ten led by Luke Johnson, according to the company rosters and many journals. He was re-baptized in the Salt Lake Valley on 7 August 1847.
His death date is confirmed by his burial record.
Jacob's wife, Anna Maria Weiler, came to Utah with their children in the 1847 Jedediah M. Grant - Joseph B. Noble Company.
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- "Another Pioneer Gone," Deseret Weekly, 28 March 1896, 459.
- Find a Grave
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Jacob Weiler autobiographical sketch, 1892-1895, 3-4.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "The Utah Pioneers," Deseret Weekly, 25 August 1894, 294.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.