- Birth Date
- 5 February 1805
- Death Date
- 11 May 1894
In the 1847 Vanguard Company, Edison was part of the 9th Ten led by Heber C. Kimball. He was re-baptized in the Salt Lake Valley on 7 August 1847; then he returned to Winter Quarters. He returned to the Valley again with the 1850 Woodruff company, in which he served as captain of the 2nd fifty.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Age at Departure: 45
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Appleton M. Harmon diary, 1847 April-July.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Gibson, Jacob, Autobiography.
- Gibson, Jacob, Book of the generations of Jacob Gibson 1849-1881, [43-45].
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 17.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Patten, George, Reminiscences, 3. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Some Early Pioneers of Huntington, Utah, p. 90
- "The Mormons--Salt Lake--The Discovery of Gold, &c.," The New York Herald, 6 February 1849, 1.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Vermont, Births and Christenings, 1765-1908.
- Wilford Woodruff, Journal, vol. 3, p. 567
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.
- Woodruff, Wilford, Journal, 1847 Jan.-1853 Dec., box 2, fd. 3, in Journals and papers, 1828-1898.
- Woodruff, Wilford, to Brigham Young, 3 Sep. 1850, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 56, box 43, fd. 26.