- Birth Date
- 25 July 1823
- Death Date
- 22 November 1884
Horace Kimball Whitney
Horace was part of the 10th Company of Ten led by Appleton M. Harmon. His travel to Utah in 1847 is mentioned in his brother's obituary.
He is listed in the Division reports, circa 1847 March in the Heber C. Kimball's 1847 emigration division (Second Division) portion of the Camp of Israel Reports.
- Age at Departure: 23
- Age at Departure: 24
- Head of Household
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Amasa M. Lyman collection, 1832-1877, Journal, 1847 April 8-September 10, 1-26 and 1-10. Events recorded by Albert Carrington.
- Daniel Davis diaries, 1846-1892, Journal, 1846 May-1889 January, 90-101.
- "Death of a Pioneer. Joshua K. Whitney Dies Suddenly on Sunday Evening," Deseret Evening News, 27 Jan. 1902, 1.
- "Division reports, circa 1847 March," in Heber C. Kimball's 1847 emigration division (Second Division), in Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- Jacob, Norton, Reminiscence and journal 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Sister Helen Mar Whitney," Deseret News [Weekly], 21 Nov. 1896, 718.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Tippets, John Harvey, Autobiography [ca. 1882], 99-113.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Whitney, Helen Mar, Reminiscences, p. 491
- Whitney, Horace K., to My dear wife, 4 May 1847, in Richard E. Bennett, We'll Find the Place: The Mormon Exodus, 1846-1848, 134-35.
- Wilford Woodruff journal, 1847 January-1853 December in Wilford Woodruff journals and papers, 1828-1898, 25-77.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.