- Birth Date
- 20 January 1830
- Death Date
- 31 July 1884
Orson Kimball Whitney
Orson was part of the 10th Company of Ten led by Appleton M. Harmon in the Brigham Young Pioneer Company of 1847. He was re-baptized in the Salt Lake Valley on 7 August 1847. His travel to Utah is also mentioned in his brother's obituary.
Orson's birth date in his obituary is listed as 30 January 1830, which is incorrect.
- Age at Departure: 17
- Age at Departure: 18
- Newel Kimball Whitney (Age: 53)
- Elizabeth Ann Whitney (Age: 47)
- John Kimball Whitney (Age: 15)
- Ellen Celeste Woodward (Age: 15)
- Joshua Kimball Whitney (Age: 13)
- Anna Maria Whitney (Age: 11)
- Don Carlos Whitney (Age: 7)
- Mary Jane Whitney (Age: 4)
- Newel Melchizedek Whitney (Age: 1)
- Jethro Houston Whitney (Age: Infant)
- Age at Departure: 19
- "A Pioneer Passed Away," Ogden Daily Herald , 2 Aug. 1884, .
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Appleton M. Harmon diary, 1847 April-July.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- Daniel Davis diaries, 1846-1892, Journal, 1846 May-1889 January, 90-101.
- "Death of a Pioneer. Joshua K. Whitney Dies Suddenly on Sunday Evening," Deseret Evening News, 27 Jan. 1902, 1.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Heber C. Kimball journals, 1848 June-July and 1848 July-September, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ,7 August 1849, 3.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 16.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 13.
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 110-115.
- Peter Olsen Hansen papers, circa 1869-1893, Journal, 1849 April-August.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.