- Birth Date
- 24 January 1835
- Death Date
- 26 September 1906
William Swansea Lewis
William and Rachel arrived in New York on 6 July 1866 via the ship Arkwright. Only William's name is listed on company records as head of household, however, the notation that he purchased two adult food rations indicates that Rachel was with him during this part of the journey. This is further confirmed by the PEF bond note and Rache'ls obituary.
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Death of Mrs. Lewis," Ogden Standard Examiner, 6 February 1890, 4.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Bonds and Promissory Notes
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 359.