- Birth Date
- 24 May 1793
- Death Date
- 20 April 1863
Sidney Algernon Knowlton
Sidney initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Samuel Gully/Orson Spencer Company in 1849. His travel to Utah is mentioned in his daughter's obituary.
He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 56
- Age at Departure: 63
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- "Death of Mrs. Hooper," Deseret Evening News , 22 Mar. 1887, 3.
- "Died," Deseret News, 22 April 1863, 344.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- High Priests of Nauvoo and Early Salt Lake City [Index], compiled by Nauvoo Restoration from Early Salt Lake Records.
- "Names of Persons Who Volunteer to Go as Teamsters." Offerings for the assistance of the P. E. F. immigrants, 1856 October. Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Salt Lake City Property Index.