- Birth Date
- 27 January 1835
- Death Date
- 4 August 1895
Miles Hudson Jones
Miles first came to the Valley with his parents in 1852. Further research is needed to identify the name of the company with which they traveled. Several years later, in 1863, Miles was asked to cross the plains again, this time as an assistant captain in Thomas E. Ricks' out-and-back company.
- Age at Departure: 16
- Age at Departure: 28
- "Death of Elder Miles H. Jones," Deseret Evening News, 20 August 1895, 1.
- Hadley, Lorenzo, [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 12:14-17.
- Hadley, Mary Ann, "Record of the George Hadley Family . . ."
- Miles Hudson Jones, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- "Obituary: Miles H. Jones," Ogden Daily Standard, 16 August 1895, 4.
- Portrait, Genealogical and Biographical Record of the State of Utah (Chicago: National Historical Record Co., 1902), 446.
- "The Brass Band," Ogden Standard Examiner , 13 Mar. 1886, 1.