- Birth Date
- 11 February 1800
- Death Date
- 18 December 1875
Internal evidence in the Mary Augusta Hawkins Snow journal substantiates that the John Snider family traveled in the Babbitt company. Julia Ann Hillock, an orphan who was adopted by the Snider family, traveled with them under the surname of "Snider." This is confirmed by her obituary. John was re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 21 January 1852. His death date is confirmed by his obituary. At the time of the 1852 Bishops' Report he was living in the Salt Lake City 17th Ward; this is also where he died. In 1856-1857 he served a mission to Las Vegas.
- Age at Departure: 51
- Head of Household
- 1850 Illinois census, Hancock County.
- 1856 Utah census, Great Salt Lake County.
- Find a Grave
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1173.
- "Obituary," Deseret Evening News , 28 Dec. 1875, 2.
- Salt Lake City, Utah Cemetery Records, 1848-1992.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1908-1949.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.