- Birth Date
- 14 January 1837
- Death Date
- 31 August 1906
George Ammon Stringham
George initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Heber C. Kimball Company in 1848. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
It is likely that he is the George Stringham that helped with the 1861 company.
- Age at Departure: 11
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 24
- Company Captain
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Appleton Milo Harmon journal in Library of Congress collection of Mormon diaries, 1935-1938, 17-24.
- Durrant, John, [Autobiographical sketch], in Our Pioneer Heritage , 20 vols. [1958-77], 9:292-93.
- Durrant, John, History of the Life of John Durrant, 1837-1914, 10-11. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.