- Birth Date
- 19 October 1807
- Death Date
- 21 November 1895
Lorenzo Dow Young
Lorenzo initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Pioneer Company in 1847 and was part of the 3rd Company of Ten led by Phineas H. Young. He also traveled with Harriet and Clarissa Young, as well as Isaac Decker and Lorenzo Sobieski Young.
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 42
- Company Captain
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Amasa M. Lyman collection, 1832-1877, Journal, 1847 April 8-September 10, 1-26 and 1-10. Events recorded by Albert Carrington.
- Charles A. Harper diary, 1847 April-August.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- James Amasa Little, "Biography of Lorenzo Dow Young," Utah Historical Quarterly 14 (1946): 118-21.
- "Lorenzo D. Young's Funeral," Salt Lake Tribune, 25 November 1895, 8.
- Lorenzo Dow Young diaries, 1846-1852 and 1888-1891, in Lorenzo D. Young papers, 1846-1894.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 110.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 6.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 751
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Early Mormon Missionary Database
- Utah Historical Quarterly, vol. 14, p. 118-21
- Wilford Woodruff journal, 1847 January-1853 December, 25-77.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.
- Young, Franklin Wheeler, Young family genealogy [ca. 1889-1899], fd. 1, 4-6.