- Birth Date
- 26 June 1788
- Death Date
- 3 April 1877
Ezra received a town lot in Salt Lake City in 1848. We could not determine if he had married his wife, Lois Bailey, prior to his journey to Utah. She appears with him on the 1850 census, but we could not find marriage information on them. Their surname is misspelled in the 1850 census as "Shong." (Ezra's previous wife--Olive Lowell--had died 27 April 1846 in Iowa.) Ezra's tombstone in the Woodland, Cowlitz County, Washington cemetery carries a death date of 3 April 1877; he is identified as "Rev. Ezra Strong." His Find A Grave memorial can be located via the following URL: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=31505975
- Age at Departure: 59
- 1850 Utah Census.
- A List of the names of the inhabitants of the Utah settlement, 1849 June 7.
- Black, Susan Easton. Early Members of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. (6 vols.), Book A, p. 405.
- [List of those filing for lots, 1848], in Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Land records [ca. 1847-1860].
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.