- Birth Date
- 28 December 1809
- Death Date
- 30 November 1876
Alice Whittaker Grimshaw
Alice Grimshaw emigrated from England with her husband, John, and their children. The Grimshaw family arrived in New York on board the Antarctic on July 10, 1863. Her daughter, Alice's obituary and her son, Duckworth's obituary both confirmed that the Grimshaw family traveled in 1863 to Utah. The secondary source, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah, states that John and his family traveled in the 1863 Peter Nebeker company. A biography of Alice Grimshaw (Atkin) confirms that the Grimshaw family traveled as part of the Nebeker company.
- Age at Departure: 53
- 1870 Utah Census.
- "Alice Grimshaw Atkin," Southern Utonian and Beaver City Press, 4 July 1924, 14.
- Alice Grimshaw Atkin, Biographical information relating to Mormon pioneer overland travel database, 2003-2017.
- "Duckworth Grimshaw", Deseret News , 24 June 1926, 8.
- England Marriages, 1538-1973.
- England and Wales Census, 1861.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 901.
- Grimshaw, Michael Norman, "History of John Grimshaw and Alice Whittaker Grimshaw and their ancestors" (Private publication: 2013), 76-77.