- Birth Date
- 12 June 1811
- Death Date
- 25 May 1894
John Grimshaw emigrated from England with his wife and two of their children. The Grimshaw family arrived in New York on board the Antarctic on July 10, 1863. His daughter, Alice's obituary and his son, Duckworth's obituary both confirmed that the Grimshaw family traveled in 1863 to Utah. The secondary source, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah, states that John and his family traveled in the 1863 Peter Nebeker company. A biography of Alice Grimshaw (Atkin) confirms that the Grimshaw family traveled as part of the Nebeker company. John's birth date and death date are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 52
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census.
- "Alice Grimshaw Atkin," Southern Utonian and Beaver City Press, 4 July 1924, 14.
- Alice Grimshaw Atkin, Biographical information relating to Mormon pioneer overland travel database, 2003-2017.
- "Duckworth Grimshaw", Deseret News , 24 June 1926, 8.
- England Marriages, 1538-1973.
- England and Wales Census, 1861.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 901.
- Grimshaw, Michael Norman, "History of John Grimshaw and Alice Whittaker Grimshaw and their ancestors" (Private publication: 2013), 76-77.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].