- Birth Date
- 5 January 1849
- Death Date
- 25 May 1914
Sarah Ann Grimshaw
Sarah Ann Grimshaw emigrated from England with her parents and sister. They arrived in New York on board the Antarctic on July 10, 1863. The obituaries of her siblings, Alice and Duckworth, both confirm that the Grimshaw family traveled in 1863 to Utah. A secondary source, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah, states that John, her father, and his family traveled in the 1863 Peter Nebeker company. A biography of Alice Grimshaw (Atkin) confirms that the Grimshaw family traveled as part of the Nebeker company. In the 1870, 1880, and 1900 Utah census records, as well as her death certificate, Sarah Ann's surname is listed as "Cartwright."
- Age at Departure: 14
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Alice Grimshaw Atkin," Southern Utonian and Beaver City Press, 4 July 1924, 14.
- Alice Grimshaw Atkin, Biographical information relating to Mormon pioneer overland travel database, 2003-2017.
- "Duckworth Grimshaw", Deseret News , 24 June 1926, 8.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 901.
- Grimshaw, Michael Norman, "History of John Grimshaw and Alice Whittaker Grimshaw and their ancestors" (Private publication: 2013), 76-77.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.