- Birth Date
- 7 January 1852
- Death Date
- 9 June 1924
Alice Grimshaw emigrated from England with her parents and sister. They arrived in New York on board the Antarctic on July 10, 1863. Her obituary and her brother's obituary both confirm that the Grimshaw family traveled in 1863 to Utah. A secondary source, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah, states that John, her father, and his family traveled in the 1863 Peter Nebeker company. Her biography, written by her daughter, Mary Elizabeth Atkin Robinson, confirms that the Grimshaw family traveled to Utah as part of the Nebeker company. Her date of birth and death date are confirmed in her obituary and by her death certificate. In 1870, 1880, and 1900 census records, as well as her death certificate, her surname is listed as "Atkin."
- Age at Departure: 11
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Alice Grimshaw Atkin," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- "Alice Grimshaw Atkin," Southern Utonian and Beaver City Press, 4 July 1924, 14.
- "Duckworth Grimshaw", Deseret News , 24 June 1926, 8.
- England and Wales Census, 1861.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 901.
- Grimshaw, Michael Norman, "History of John Grimshaw and Alice Whittaker Grimshaw and their ancestors" (Private publication: 2013), 76-77.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Utah Death Certificates.