- Birth Date
- 18 June 1821
- Death Date
- 9 March 1909
Mary Ann Smith
Mary Ann Frier
The Smith family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Samuel Gully/Orson Spencer Company in 1849. The Smith family included William Joseph and his wife Mary Ann Frier, and their children William and Samuel Frier. The family’s travel to Utah is mentioned in Mary Ann’s obituary. Sources indicate that 6 people traveled with William Joseph; however, further research is needed to determine who else outside of his wife and children traveled with their family.
- Age at Departure: 27
- "Death Calls Early Pioneer. Mary Ann Frier Smith Dies After Residence in Utah Since 1849," Salt Lake Herald , 10 Mar. 1909, 12.
- "Death of Mrs. Smith," Deseret Evening News , 10 Mar. 1909, 10.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1171.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 2.
- "Mrs. Mary A. F. Smith Dies After Long Life," Salt Lake Evening telegram, 10 Mar. 1909, 3.
- Utah Death Certificates.