- Birth Date
- 16 February 1799
- Death Date
- 10 October 1879
Phineas Howe Young
Phineas traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Brigham Young Pioneer Company in 1847. Upon reaching Green River, he ventured back to help guide oncoming companies. He was a captain of ten.
At the end of a mission, Phineas traveled home with the William G. Young Company in 1857.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Age at Departure: 58
- A. Milton Musser diaries, 1852-1876, Diary, 1857 May - 1857 August, 12-39.
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Amos M. Musser, “Correspondence of Elder A. M. Musser,” The Mormon, 15 Aug. 1857, 3.
- Appleton M. Harmon diary, 1847 April-July.
- "Correspondence from the Plains," letter from Amos M. Musser to President Appleby, 16 July 1857 in Millennial Star, 26 September 1857, 620-22.
- Gibbs, Eliza Dana, Autobiographical sketch, 18-19. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Heber C. Kimball journal in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 21-105.
- Lorenzo Dow Young diaries, 1846-1852 and 1888-1891, in Lorenzo D. Young papers, 1846-1894.
- Millen Atwood journal, 1847 April-July.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Wilford Woodruff journal, 1847 January-1853 December, 25-77.
- William A. Empey, "The Journal of William A. Empey, May 7-August 4, 1847," edited by Dale L. Morgan, Annals of Wyoming (July-October 1949), 124-33.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.