- Birth Date
- 12 April 1829
- Death Date
- 17 March 1891
Samuel crossed the Atlantic on the ship Ellen Maria in 1852. He likely traveled with his brother, Benjamin, in the Abraham O. Smoot Company. More research is needed to confirm this possibility. The brothers are listed together on the Ellen Maria manifest with Charles Jones and Mary E. Sawyer (whom Samuel later married).
He was re-baptized at Salt Lake City on 14 November 1852.
His name appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia in 1853.
He and Mary left and returned again in 1863 with his family. He was rebaptized again on 4 October 1863 in the Smithfield Ward.
Most records created during Samuel's lifetime show his surname spelled as "Weeks." Some records may show his surname as "Weekes."
- Age at Departure: 34
- Head of Household
- "Deaths," Deseret Weekly, 18 April 1891, 542.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900