- Birth Date
- 3 April 1808
- Death Date
- 7 November 1868
William was from Lincolnshire England, he crossed the Atlantic on the ship Zetland in 1849 and crossed the plains with 4 people this same year. He was re-baptized at Salt Lake City. In the 1850 federal census he is age 43 and appears in the same household as a 42 year-old woman named Hannah (almost certainly Hannah Morley his wife). William first appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia in October 1851 at Salt Lake City. At the time of the 1856 Utah Territorial Census both William and Hannah were in the Salt Lake 11th Ward and they were still there at the time of the 1860 federal census.
- Age at Departure: 41
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- 1856 Utah census, Great Salt Lake County.
- 1860 Salt Lake City, Utah census.
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 25 Nov. 1868, .
- Reuben Miller journals, 1848-1849, Journal, 1849 June-September.
- Reuben Miller letter to Brigham Young, 9 September 1849.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.