- Birth Date
- September 1819
- Death Date
- 13 August 1899
Alexander Wilson Duncan
Alexander and his children arrived in New York on 6 July 1866 via the ship Arkwright. The ship manifest shows Alexander traveling with Jane, Ann, Jemima, and Charles Shaw, but we do not see a family relationship between them. The Shaw family is also in this pioneer company.
Though Alexander alone is listed on the overland company records, the notation that he purchased 2 1/2 adult food rations indicates that Sophia and Moroni were still with him during this portion of the journey.
His wife and the remaining children followed him to the valley in 1869.
The Wellsville Ward financial records confirm that he was traveling in the same company with two of his children.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Cache County.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 349.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- "Wellsville Ward, Persons Who Emigrated by P.E.F. Belonging to this Ward," Wellsville Ward financial records, 1859-1882, Volume 1:85-90.