- Birth Date
- 6 December 1850
- Death Date
- 19 March 1895
Moroni, his father and sister arrived in New York on 6 July 1866 via the ship Arkwright. Though his father Alexander alone is listed on the overland company records, the notation that he purchased 2 1/2 adult food rations indicates that Sophia and Moroni were still with him during this portion of the journey.
Moroni's mother and other siblings followed them to the valley in 1869.
The Wellsville Ward financial records confirm that he was traveling in the same company with his father.
- Age at Departure: 15
- 1870 Utah Census, Cache County.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 349.
- "Wellsville Ward, Persons Who Emigrated by P.E.F. Belonging to this Ward," Wellsville Ward financial records, 1859-1882, Volume 1:85-90.